The final Cannes event of the season is coming up in just 8 days! Cannes welcomes delegates from around the world attending MAPIC 2015, the International Retail Property Market (Marché International Professionnel de l’Implantation Commercial et de la Distribution). The 20th edition of MAPIC, organised and hosted by Reed Midem, takes place at the Palais de Festival from the 18-20 November 2015.
International representatives from retail real estate worldwide markets converge in Cannes to share ideas, attend conferences, networking sessions and keynote speeches. Many delegates offer up their latest retail ideas for scrutiny in the various competitions, with winners announced during the gala awards ceremony which this year takes place on Thursday 19 November at the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez attended by the world’s most influential retail real estate professionals. This annual competition is a fabulous platform for young and exciting new product managers, alongside innovative well established companies to show off their ideas and earn the respect and recognition that only this event can provide.
Rules state: “Any developer, architect, retail company, local authority, city, service provider, consultant or agent registered to MAPIC may enter the competition in one of the following ten categories”:
- Best Fashion & Footwear Retail Concept
- Best Food & Beverage Retail Concept
- Best New Retail Concept
- Best Retail Global Expansion
- Best Retail Digital Strategy
- Best Pop-Up Shop
- Best New Shopping Centre
- Best Factory Outlet Centre
- Best Refurbished Shopping Centre
- Best Urban Retail Project
Each year a county of honour is recognised specifically for their contribution to the world of retail real estate. For 2015 the country of honour is the USA. As part of their recognition the best American entry in the above competition categories will also be honoured with a special award during the gala dinner.
Cramming so much into only three days has led the organisers to be innovative with the way they organise the multitude of events taking place throughout MAPIC. A recent networking format is Speed Matching, based on the Speed Dating concept, participants are permitted just 3 minutes each with 10 potential business partners, giving just enough uninterrupted time for a proper introduction and an exchange of business cards – hopefully leading to further communication later in the event or once everyone is back home. Participants are listed on the MAPIC on-line database so communication year round is as simple. However there’s nothing quite like that first face to face meeting for building lasting relationships and the format has proved very popular!
To give an idea of just how much Reed Midem mange to squeeze into just three days, here’s a look at the key numbers for MAPIC 2015:
- 74 Countries
- 8,400 + Participants
- 2,400 Retailers
- 1,500 Brands
- 2,300 Property Developers
- 340 Investment Companies
- 700 Exhibiting Companies over 12,000 m2
- 100 Cities & Local Authorities
- Over 20 Conference Sessions
With so many participants, what better way to get the edge over the competition than to showcase your company on board a luxury yacht moored in the Port of Cannes right next to the Palais des Festivals! Bespoke Yacht Charter has been arranging luxury yacht charters for Cannes Events for over 12 years and perfectly understands the needs of event charter clients looking for an exceptional platform to showcase their ideas, products and services:
● Professionally crewed luxury yachts ranging in length from 23-70m and sleeping from 4-20 guests. Capable of hosting cocktail parties for 20 to over 200 people.
● Prime berths in the Port of Cannes along the Jetée Albert Edouard, right behind the Palais des Festivals and therefore offering the perfect spot at the heart of the event’s activities to showcase your company.
● Increased exposure from the use of custom branding including flags, banners, welcome carpets, company logos and turning the yacht into heavily branded company HQ for the duration of the event.
● A luxury yacht offers the perfect venue to not only act as a base and place to sleep for delegates or key personnel, but also to host meetings throughout each day, in various locations throughout the yacht. These areas can be privatised in order to host several intimate meetings concurrently. A yacht can also host more than one lunch at the same time, for example a larger buffet style lunch on the upper deck for larger groups whilst in the interior private dining room, key sponsors, clients, investors can enjoy a formal fine dining experience.
● Yachts are not only equipped with first class professional crew, there to serve and look after your every need, they also offer dedicated chefs who often work with outside caterers for larger numbers. The service on board is bespoke just for your company and therefore the standards are exceptional and will exceed all expectations.
● Your dedicated charter broker from Bespoke Yacht Charter will assist with absolutely every last detail from finding additional staff, DJs, live entertainment, caterers, photographers, drivers, Cannes to Nice helicopter transfers, and anything else you require to ensure your MAPIC experience is the best ever!
To discuss a yacht charter for MAPIC, please call Alex Coles on +44 20 7368 3328 or email email@example.com